The United Church of Christ’s Center for Analytics, Research & Development, and Data (CARDD) is a church-wide resource whose mission is to gather, provide, and interpret information and trends for the purpose of illuminating the past, realizing the present, and envisioning the future of the United Church of Christ in the larger context.
Through data and research, to empower and champion innovation and change for a just world for all.
What We Do
Definitions from Merriam-Webster:
Analytics: The method of logical analysis
Research and Development: Studies and tests that are done in order to design new or improved products
Data: Factual information used as a basis for reasoning, discussion, or calculation
A card is an item that usually offers the user certain types of information. For example, a playing card possesses a combination of numbers and colors that signifies its role in relation to other cards and the larger game. An index card provides notes for a speech or a recipe to make a hearty meal. The Center for Analytics, Research & Development, and Data functions in much the same way—our role is to serve as the UCC’s “card” that provides both raw data and applied information to individuals, congregations, and judicatory bodies for a larger purpose.
More practically, we engage in the following:
– Consult with settings of the UCC to determine data and assessment needs and work toward helpful research goals
– Conduct studies and test cases to find what (resources, curriculums, programs, etc.) works best and in which settings
– Develop the Annual Yearbook and online directory resource Access UCC
– Conduct research and produce reports on various issues, trends, and topics of importance for the UCC
– Work collaboratively across all settings of the UCC to analyze trends and produce relevant up-to-date information for vital ministry